Glassless V700 - Bye Bye to newton ring!

大家交流一下攝影資訊、技術心得,報報料等等

版主: kiev, mickey_mouse

Glassless V700 - Bye Bye to newton ring!

文章jack_hui » 2010-10-24, 00:45

I guess most of the V700/V750 users have newton problem when scanning 8x10 film.
I hate to see it and decided to find the solution - remove the glass and custom make a mount for 8x10 film. (As most of my works are 8x10 film, i.e. my solution is for 8x10 film only)

1) First, we have to remove the screw cover (four of them) from the top cover. You can use strong tape to remove it. It doesn't damage the cover, i.e. Epson won't know that you had removed the cover!!!

圖檔

2) After that, remove the screw underneath and take out the top cover.

圖檔

3) There are 6 clips that hold the glass, remove them all.

圖檔

4) Next, we need to remove the glass from the strong tape. Use lighter fuel and soften the tap, it takes some time!! (You can always use your hammer, if you are in hurry! LOL!)

圖檔

5) After that, screw back the top cover.

圖檔

6) This is my custom make mount that can hold 8x10 film on it, which has 4 screw on the sides to adjust the scanning height.

圖檔

圖檔

Anti-Newton Ring glass can also be used on top of that to flatten the film.

圖檔

7) End product at work.

圖檔

After I fine tune the scanning height, I can find out the "best" height, but the difference are NOT huge, and the end result doesn't impove that much as compare with the glass on. However, I won't need to worry about the newton ring forever.

When I have time, I will make an adapter for 4x5 and other format.

Have a nice day!!!
Jack
圖檔
頭像
jack_hui
員外
員外

文章: 906
註冊時間: 2005-01-01, 11:26

Re: Glassless V700 - Bye Bye to newton ring!

文章OldCake » 2010-10-24, 09:18

:flower: :flower: :flower:
D80 真係機動性强
百尺竿頭仍需進、錦上何妨再添花
拍靚的照片取悅眼晴,拍好的照片觸動心靈........^o^
老餅和餅嫂相簿
頭像
OldCake
掌櫃
掌櫃

文章: 23827
註冊時間: 2005-01-01, 11:26